The 2015 Boarding Australia National Conference in Adelaide was a great success. Feedback has been very positive – the following summarises the evaluation responses we received:
- Panel discussion was considered useful by 87% of participants.
- 100% of respondents found the topics relevant on days 1 and 2, 78% on day 3.
- 100% of respondents found the site visits useful and relevant.
- All sessions were rated as meeting ‘some or all’ expectations by the majority of delegates (different presentation styles were critiqued which means that future presentations can be improved).
- 100% of respondents found the update on the National Standard useful, with 88% finding the workshop session on Standards met ‘some or all’ of their expectations.
- Some issues with AV and hearing the presenters clearly – for anyone who had trouble please access copies of the presentations.
- The most popular sessions were Rock and Water and the presentations by YMCA and Dr Peter Lind (Teachers Registration Board SA).
In 2016, we are in the difficult situation that mid-year school holidays do not ‘overlap’. As a result, we are considering ways we can still offer members the opportunity to learn, network and experience innovation in boarding. Stay tuned!