Since our inception in 1995
we have provided advocacy and national leadership
for all student boarding
services. Going forward, Indigenous Education & Boarding
Australia will focus on policies, practices, systems and innovation from across
the nation to communicate, educate, inspire and influence the work of others in
supporting Indigenous student education and boarding. In
more than 20 years, Boarding Australia has:
- Presented conferences and an annual National
Symposium for leaders in Indigenous education and boarding.
- Presented annual training forums in a
variety of locations throughout Australia.
- Delivered projects focused on quality
improvement and standards, community engagement and research.
- Acted as a link between boarding
providers in order to pass on information and share good practice.
- Produced regular newsletters that provide
relevant and quality information to boarding staff and organisations.
- Provided a source of quality
information, advice and resources pertaining to boarding providers and the care
of young people, particularly those from remote areas and Indigenous students.
- Maintained resources in order to
provide an information and help-line service for staff and management of
- Advertised for staff on behalf of
individual boarding providers.
- Made representations to the Federal
Government to acquire funding for the Association and boarding providers.
Our vision is that all Indigenous students attain educational outcomes that enable them to be successful in their future choices.